MatthewHunter

Riders of the Purple Sage
Zane Grey
Vampires, Zombies, & Wanton Souls
Marge Simon

Betsy-Tacy and Tib (Betsy-Tacy, #2)

Trzy wiedźmy - Terry Pratchett Okay okay! I'll admit it. I'm a 42 year old man, and I'm a Maud Hart Lovelace/Betsy-Tacy fan. Heck, I might even load the Amanda and the kids in the car, drive an hour from the Twin Cities to Mankato/"Deep Valley", and spend a day or two fanboying in the footsteps of MHL.

Seriously though, these books are PERFECT for dad/daughter readalongs. The innocently irreverent chapter on God and being good is divine. The imaginitive games - especially the Mirror Palace and The Christian Kindness Club - seem like such fun! And the three girls' gesture of mingling locks of their hair in personal lockets so they can remember each other should one die unexpectedly makes for a bittersweet, heartfelt moment. I loved everything about it. And if Sigourney's complete attention and pointing at the pictures is any indication, she's an MHL groupie too.

Sweet, clever, old-timie stories that aren't afraid to talk about things like diphtheria and the deaths of young people. Highly recommended!