MatthewHunter

Riders of the Purple Sage
Zane Grey
Vampires, Zombies, & Wanton Souls
Marge Simon
The Complete Book of the Flower Fairies - Cicely Mary Barker Wait, did I really just enjoy a book about flower fairies? It all started with Sigourney's third birthday party. She wanted a fairy tea party, and my goodness did she get one. It was fun, and filled with scads of fairy dolls, action figures, and costumes. Sigourney's favorite gift was [b:The Complete Book of the Flower Fairies|192686|The Complete Book of the Flower Fairies|Cicely Mary Barker|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1309213532s/192686.jpg|186325].

It really is a beautiful book. Barker pairs her colorful drawings with poems about seasonal flowers. The book could be used as a botanical reference, with readers choosing a flower, reading the poems, and looking at the accompanying pictures. I learned a number of interesting tidbits from our read along.

One suggestion. Dont read this book from front to back. Skip around, treat it like an aesthetically pleasing reference work. Otherwise, you might find yourself getting bored as you tackle one flower entry after another. Take your time, study each picture closely with your little one. I suspect you'll be happy you made the read along effort.